I live in a different province then my parents. This means on holidays such as Mother’s Day, it can be difficult to show my mom how I feel in a more inspiring way then just sending a card. That being said I am not a big fan of just going out and buying a gift. Yes, I can get her something that she wouldn’t normally treat herself to but it doesn’t express my love and gratitude as much as I would like it too. So I have devised a list of cost friendly ideas that you can do to celebrate Mother’s Day with your mom!
MOTHER’S DAY GIFT IDEAS:
1. Write her a letter saying what you appreciate about her, telling her all of the things you've learned from her.Many people have difficulty expressing their feelings. Writing a letter gives you the opportunity to sit down and articulate those feelings in a clear and concise manor. Also, who wouldn’t love to get a letter filled with expression of love and adoration for them.
2. Get the family together for a home cooked meal (cooked by the children).It is not very often that our family are all home at one time. Both my brother and I live away and we are rarely able to organize a trip home together. It is usually just one of us that head home at a time. Being able to spend quality time as a family is always important, no matter the age.
3. Spend the day with her.Let’s be honest, when I do get to spend time with my mother it usually revolves around me and my needs. I don’t have a car so when she comes for a visit it usually consist of a shopping spree of all my needs and wants that have been piling up between visits. Spend the day with her and make it about her.
4. Keep it simple and just tell her:
5. Compile a few memorable/ funny moments that have happened over the years and reminisce over a cup of tea/ coffee.
6. Handmade gifts. If you are a crafty person you can make a gift to give her. Scented Bath Salts are always an easy idea that you can personalize to her favorite scent.
7. At home spa day.Who doesn’t like a little pampering now and then that includes facials and pedicures?
8. Buy her a book.With the stresses of everyday life sometimes all one needs is a few minutes of escape into a really great read.
9. Give her flowers.Even better if you know what her favorite ones are.
10. Tell her you love her.
How do you celebrate Mother's Day?